The lock is the key to your safety. If it’s not the right fit, it can cause safety problems. It also won’t work well, and your key may break, or the door won’t open or close. Follow these tips and it should help you choose the right lock.
SPECIAL OFFER! FREE Home Safety Inspection with any locksmith service
1 – Understanding Your Safety & Lock Needs
Do you lose your key often? If so, you might consider a smart lock that lets you use a code to get in. This is a big advantage if you rent your house, you can change the code and not have to leave keys and track them down from the renters.
Have trouble opening a lock because it gets rusted or dirty and you can’t get your key in the lock? Humid, damp, or wet climates make the locks rust. A keyless numbered keypad will solve that problem
2-Explore the Many Different Types of Locks
- Padlocks. One of the most common lock types for homes or business
- Deadbolts. …
- Knob Locks. …
- Lever Handle Locks. …
- Cam Locks. …
- Rim/Mortise Locks. …
- Euro Profile Cylinders. …
- Wall Mounted Locks.
3- Choose the Right lock for Fashion and Function
With our 20 + years of experience at AbbaLocksmith, we learned which locks work the best with houses or businesses. If you look at the variety of locks from the top key manufacturers, you will see a variety of locks. Often, the lock you choose for fashion is not the right one for your home or office.
Here are a few of our favorite lock brands to help you choose the right lock for you.
4- How to reduce the number of locks in your home, business, or rental
- Rekeying your locks often makes more sense than changing your locks. When you rekey, you change the old key and create a new key. In rekeying a lock, the locksmith removes the pins and springs in the lock cylinder and replaces them with new pins and springs that work with a new and different key. Rekeying a lock is normally a lower cost than replacing the lock.
- The best choose might be rekeying your locks.
5- Have a professional locksmith choose the right lock & install it
Locksmiths are certified and trained and with years of experience, so they will install the right lock. There’s nothing worse than installing the wrong lock and having to return it and install the right one. It pays to have an expert help you choose the right lock to keep you safe. Abbalocksmith has a money guarantee and will come back out and check on it if there’s an issue up to 6 months after the installation.
Abbalocksmith Professionals will help you choose the right lock:
- Choose the right lock type for your needs
- Correct size
- Lock fits your insurance requirements
- Is it fitted correctly?
Check out our happy customers’ lock experiences.
Call, Text, or Email Us- We will be right there!